We would like to invite you to join us for a morning of Volunteering @ the Central Texas Food Bank, South Austin/Metropolis Drive.
We are holding several spots for the 8:30am-12pm shift on Friday, February 26th at the Central Texas Food Bank Warehouse.
Please sign up ahead of time through your group’s unique link.
Click this unique link and Sign Up for the shift at
You maybe asked to set up your own account - it's fast and easy.
Registering will ensure that your group members receive necessary information and updates about their shift, and it will help your group check in faster when you arrive. You will receive a confirmation email with details when you have successfully signed up. (Check junk mailbox)
This will be in the warehouse. Temperature will be comfortable (not cold as the kitchen is!), wear comfortable shoes, casual clothes, mask.
Thank you for making this volunteer commitment! Please let me know if I can help further and we’ll see you soon!
More details below:
All volunteers are required to wear a cloth face covering over the nose and mouth while in the building (in accordance with CDC guidelines, please no gaiters, bandanas, or masks with valves that don’t have a filter). Volunteers must also maintain 6 feet of social distance from non-household members at all times while volunteering. Please ensure you wear closed-toe shoes and shirts with sleeves (like a T-shirt).
More than ever, it is crucial for volunteers to arrive on time to receive important orientation and safety information at the start of the shift. Please have your volunteers arrive 5-10 minutes before the shift is scheduled to start so they have time to check in and be ready for a prompt start. For safety reasons, volunteers who arrive more than 30 minutes after the shift start time will not be allowed to join their group for the shift. Here is our general volunteer FAQ if you’d like to provide it to your group, and here is where they can find detailed information and videos about the specific volunteer experience in the warehouse.
Your support as a volunteer makes our mission possible, and your safety as a volunteer, as well as the safety of our staff and clients, is very important to us. We understand these requirements are strict, but as an essential service we must be diligent to ensure that we can continue the fight against hunger. To be eligible to volunteer with the Central Texas Food Bank, the following statements must all be true:
- I am not feeling ill nor have possibly been exposed to a communicable disease (regardless of how you feel), and I have not tested positive for COVID-19 whether I am exhibiting symptoms or not.
- I have not been exposed to someone who is sick, tested positive for COVID-19, or been exposed to someone who is self-quarantining.
- For 14 days immediately prior to my shift:
- I have at all times worn a mask in public and maintained 6 feet of social distance from anyone who is not in my household.
- I have not ridden in a car with a non-household member without wearing a mask and have created as much distance as possible (not sitting in the same row as or directly behind a non-household member).
If you have had COVID-19 symptoms or tested positive for COVID, you can return to volunteering if all of the following are true:
- It has been 10 days since your symptoms first appeared
- At least 24 hours have passed since you had a fever without the use of fever-reducing medication
- Any other symptoms have improved