Hello, Fellow CPCUs and Students.
Please join us for our October I-Day online ZOOM meeting this month! We will induct new 2021 officers and introduce the 2020 New Designees.
***Your own personal device may need to be used for the Zoom meeting as using company equipment could pose a security risk.***
When: Tuesday, October 27th from 11:30 am – 1:00 pm.
Where: Join Zoom Meeting
Special guest speaker:
Pamela Ritz, MS, ARM, SPHR, CRM
President of Specialty Risk Management (SRM)
Master of Science & Food Safety Degree from Michigan State University - School of Veterinary Medicine
Specialty Risk Management, Inc. (SRM, Inc.) is the designated Crisis Management team
that comes in conjunction with the TNR Policy
Did you know?:
- 96% of all outbreaks are caused by Employees - carriers and transmitters of Food borne illness Pathogens.
- The average Revenue Loss for a Restaurant involved in a highly publicized Food Borne Illness event is immediately 80%. Some never recover.
- Business Interruption under standard named perils does not cover drops in revenue due to illness outbreaks – special Insurance is required. Remember there is no physical damage associated with these events.
- Errors in handling food are common issues - Cross Contamination, Under Cooking and Holding, and Improper Cooling Practices. Social media makes “Foreign Objects” found in food and even greater risk.
- Restaurant managers are uniquely required to know on a daily basis if any employees are currently symptomatic with E-Coli, Salmonella, Shigella, Hepatitis A or Norovirus – all Food Borne Illnesses.
- Individuals could be spreading Hepatitis A virus to prepared food at least 2 weeks in advance of showing any symptoms.
- Recovery often takes months - even after the media activity and illnesses have subsided - public trust has been broken.
Topic: Business Interruption Coverage to include events surrounding Food Borne Illness, Recall, and COVID
Good Works: We will donate $10 to TA Brown Elementary for every person who attends.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 772 2970 5003
Sandie Garcia, CPCU
Central Texas Chapter Secretary